Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Start...stop

For the past few months when I tell someone that my youngest child will be starting kindergarten, I'm often asked what I will be doing with all that new free time.  "Free time???"  Are they kidding?  He goes for 2-3 hours each afternoon and I'll be in the car for 40 minutes just driving him back and forth."  So I'm thinking that if I go grocery shopping, clean the house, enjoy an uninterrupted workout and volunteer at his school each once a week, I should have about 2 hours of free time a week.  Maybe I can see a girlfriend for lunch? 

So it doesn't sound like a lot of time, but when you've spent 8 years bathed in the constant energy of children, just accomplishing mundane things without little questions and demands sounds kind of nice.  Out of curiosity for the truthful answer to that question, I'm going to blog just what it is I am doing with all my new free time.  Maybe I will be more thoughtful and deliberate with it, thereby expanding its value; or maybe it will feel as small as it sounds.

I have a bit of backtracking to do first to cover last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment